*Yawn*
0 comment Saturday, May 24, 2014 |
Today is one of those days where I have to dig in deep in order to get things done...sprog was up at 2am and he stayed up for some time after that. His father showed at about 6:45am to pick sprog up and so I had to get up at 6:30am (actually a half hour later than usual) to get sprog ready to go. Now I'm sitting here, knowing I have to get to market today, knowing I have chores to get done before it gets too busy in town...and the energy just isn't there.
I made it through the week with a Wump; it wasn't too bad, but yesterday sprog was really pushing as many buttons as he could reach. It wasn't him just being him and therefore incapable of making the right choices or understanding me. He was deliberately doing things I asked him not to do and then looking at me with a "Now what are you gonna do?" face. Maybe he just wanted the reaction, cause-and-effect. He certainly got it! But it was a trying day for him and for me - although we have a motto that Today Is A New Day, so even if yesterday was bad I do my best not to carry the resentment over.
So, now that he's off with his dad and I have the home to myself for the first time in over two months, I'm too exhausted to do much. What I WILL do (will do, will do it, come on, woman....) is get my shopping done this morning, although not anywhere near in quantity as usual - just enough to last to Tuesday's market, where I'll shop again for bits and bobs. Then - sleep until about 2pm, and then it's off to pick the first strawberries of the year. I've got �20 spare for this so I hope I can get a fair few.
Today will be a bit of pottering - maybe a grilled supper to eat outside with a glass of Something Rosey, and then, again, off to bed. I hope to have enough energy tomorrow to manage to get a bit more done, but we'll have to see how I do.
So, soldiering on.

Labels: